Take an afternoon to discover west Georgia’s fascinating history. But make certain you are back at the inn in time for our homemade goodies. Refreshments are served in the main parlor around 6 o’clock each evening.
Plan a Weekend…
- Andersonville – Site of Civil War prison and cemetary. Wonderful new museum. 45 minutes from Columbus.
- Callaway Gardens – Fantasy in Lights, Christmas Display, biking, golfing, swimming, antiquing. Numerous special events. 25minutes away.
- Warm Springs – Historic small town with lots of antique and novelty shops. The Little White House, Roosevelt Warm Springs Institute for Rehabilitation, the Little Grand Canyon. 25 minutes away.
- Westville – A working 1850s village. Cotton Gin, blacksmith, candle making, cane syrup. Over 40 authentic structures moved in and preserved. 35 minutes from Columbus.
Right Around The Corner…
- Chattahoochee RiverWalk – an outdoor 15-mile linear park that hugs the banks of the Chattahoochee River.
- The Columbus Museum – a wonderful way to spend a day. With ever-changing exhibits and a fascinating permanent collection, there is always something new to discover. Admission is free. Closed Mondays.
- The Springer Opera House – Georgia’s State Theatre. Tours are given frequently.
- The Loft – Live music and fun.
- The National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center – Located just outside the gates of Fort Benning, this world-class tribute to Infantrymen past, present and future, is the first of its kind in the United States. Throughout the 190,000-square-foot museum, visitors will take an interactive journey through every war fought by the U.S. over the past two centuries.